Desert Runner Training Camps
Getting the training in for desert events such as the Marathon des Sables or Atacama Crossing can be difficult, especially during our cold and damp winters. Testing out your kit in the conditions you are likely to experience during the event is almost impossible.
The " Desert Runner Training Camps "
by Trail Run Spain
will enable you to find out for yourself just what it takes to compete in high temperatures over hostile terrain. Instruction and guidance from Paul Bateson, organiser of Al Andalus Ultimate Trail, Ultima Frontera160 and a MdS veteran. He also has event experience in Israel, Jordan and Tunisia, as well as races in UK and Andalucia from Duathlon (on and off road) up to 126km distance and numerous age category wins in everything from 10 to 50km.
Desert Runner Camps include informative talks and demonstrations on :
- Equipment, clothing, pack weight, nutrition, hydration and foot care.
- Practical sessions running with and without kit.
- Basic Navigation instruction (if requested).
- Vehicle support where necessary.
- Airport pickup and return. (usually Malaga but some flights into Granada).
- Bed and breakfast, (shared accommodation in self contained apartment).
- The camps will give you the opportunity to see how you fare when running day after day often in high temperatures, e.g. 35-45Centigrade or more. *We do camps all year round but in the winter months it isnít as hot but generally still much better than UK. You also have the opportunity to test out assorted packs, poles etc.
During a camp expect to cover around 70-80km.
Numbers 1 to 8, (any more, please check).Indicative price Ä 520 euros, (4 night, excluding flights).
It is generally possible to arrange dates to suit and at short notice. Please send us an email if you are interested.
Jan 2012 at 1775 metres